Memphis VA Medical Center
The staff at the VAMC Memphis have provided a number of ways for you to learn how to live a healthy lifestyle and self-manage your own health.
Patient Health Education Materials
Patient Health Education materials are located in the Library on the 2nd floor of the Administration Building, room BE206.
The library staff is experienced in providing patient education assistance. The library contains a collection of easy-to-read health and wellness books, respected health education newsletters, videos and other materials.
The MyHealtheVet site provides veterans and their families excellent, reliable Patient Health Education information as well as the latest VA News. Information about veterans benefits and services is also available.
Upon registering with MyHealtheVet, you will be able to:
- refill prescriptions online
- keep personal food and activity journals
- monitor your personal health data, such as blood pressure and pain levels
- maintain your own self-entered personal health record
MyHealtheVet computer terminals are available for veteran use in the following locations —
- Bed Tower Lobby
- Administration Building, 1st floor
Clinical staff provide ongoing health education during regularly scheduled outpatient clinic visits. Courses focus on:
- health promotion
- upcoming tests and procedures
Staff can tell you about upcoming education classes that are available.
Clinical staff begin the Patient Health Education process at the time of admission, during the hospital stay, and at discharge. Our goal is to provide a hospital environment where patients:
- continually receive updated health information
- are able to ask questions about their health
- can enjoy as comfortably as possible their stay in our facility
VA Television Network
An educational video system is available for all inpatient rooms and in some waiting areas. Ask the staff for further information on how to access the system.